All About Women OB/GYN Knowledge Center
Explore and learn more about pregnancy and your general health during all stages of life
OB/GYN specialists at All About Women Obstetrics & Gynecology in Gainesville offer, by far, the most compassionate, comprehensive healthcare for women of all ages across North Florida.
A big part of accomplishing our mission of offering the most comprehensive women’s health care possible is to provide easy-to-understand resources you can use to make the best decisions possible for your health.
Resources housed here are not meant to replace expert medical care. They are however here for you to gain a better understanding so you can get the most out of your visits with us or any OB/GYN specialist.
Check back with us often as we continue to build one of the most in-depth OB/GYN knowledge resources on the net, and you can educate yourself further by following recent women's health news and information on our blog.
If you have a question not addressed here, or if you're searching for an OB/GYN provider in North Florida who will listen to your unique needs and provide personalized care, contact the Gainesville OB/GYN physicians at All About Women Obstetrics & Gynecology today to schedule an appointment.
General Women's Health
Throughout the Ages
- Common Gynecological Surgery Procedures
- Addressing Painful Sex
- Learn About Pelvic Exams and Pap Smears
- Mental Health Through Menopause: Challenges and Solutions
- Why Exercising after Menopause is Important– and How You Should Do It
- Performing a Breast Self-Exam
- Douching: Don't Do It
- Menstruation and Ovulation: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Tracking Your Period and Why it's Important
- Women and Smoking: Specific Risk Factors
- Recognizing the Signs of Menopause
- Really, what is a midwife?
- Protecting your Pelvic Floor– Kegel Exercises
- The Importance of Well Woman Care
Conditions & Treatments
- Mammograms: What Are They and Why Are They Important?
- What to Expect For Your First Mammogram
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Understanding Heavy Periods So You Can Find Relief
- Understanding HPV– One of the Most Common Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Silent STIs: Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: Causes and Treatment
- Common Benign Breast Changes
- Causes of Vaginal Itching
- Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment
- Beyond Birth Control: Other Benefits of Oral Contraceptives
- Endometriosis: An Overview
- Identifying and Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy
Contraception and Birth Control
- Oral Contraception: The Birth Control Pill
- Birth Control Vaginal Ring: NuvaRing
- The Birth Control Implant: Long Acting, Reversible Birth Control
- Choosing a Birth Control Method That's Right For You
- Permanent Birth Control: Tubal Sterilization
- IUDs: Learn More about Advanced, Reversible Birth Control
Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum Care
Before Getting Pregnant
- Think You're Pregnant? 6 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- High Blood Pressure and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome– The Most Common Cause of Infertility
- Pre-Pregnancy Checkups: 8 Considerations to Discuss with your Doctor
- Infertility – Part I: Introduction, Definition, and Causes
- Infertility – Part II: How It's Identified
- Part III: Treating Infertility
- Easing Labor Pains
- Exercise and Pregnancy – Go, Baby, Go!
- What to Expect During Each Trimester of Pregnancy
- 6 Signs of Premature Labor
- Understanding Due Dates and Pregnancy Length
- 5 Body Changes During Pregnancy—Besides Your Growing Belly
- 10 Things to Avoid During Pregnancy
- What to Eat (...and Not to Eat) When Pregnant
- Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- Epidurals, Etc.: Understanding the Role of Pain Medication in Labor
- Gestational Diabetes Overview
- Understanding and Identifying Braxton Hicks Contractions
- Birth Control Options After Baby
- Postpartum Anxiety: The One No One Talks About
- Your Breastfeeding Nutrition Questions, Answered
- 10 Ways Your Body May Change Post Pregnancy
- Baby Blues and Postpartum Depression: How to Tell the Difference
- When Breast Isn't Best: Signs for When to Avoid Breastfeeding
- Mayo Clinic Complete Book of Pregnancy & Baby’s First Year, Robert V. Johnson, editor. Comprehensive reference book, with a focus on the medical issues. Dry reading, but thorough.
- What to Expect When You' re Expecting, Arlene Eisenberg et al. Easy to read, includes advice about most problems. Sometimes the opinions are exaggerated or overly dramatic.
- The Girlfriends’ Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won’t Tell You, Vicki Iovine. Humorous, light reading. It is designed to give a pragmatic overview of normal pregnancy.
- ACOG.org - American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- ACNM.org - American College of Nurse Midwives
- Essure - Permanent Birth Control
- GHFC.com - Gainesville Health & Fitness Center
- Novasure - Solution for heavy menstrual bleeding
Dr. Agrios and Dr. Iobst on TV 20.
(Opens new window to wcjb.com)
- Medical Spotlight: Single-Site Surgery 3/19/2014
- Interview with Dr. Anthony Agrios 2/20/2013
- Medical Revolution: Robotic Surgery 2/17/2012
- Single Incision Hysterectomy 3/28/11
- Once a Caesarian, always a Caesarian 8/23/10
- Airstrip OB 5/17/10